On thursday 5th of december, one room of the Grenoble University datacenter get into troubles due to a water cooling outage. Some network services without proper redundancy impacted some of the JMMC service. There was no loss of data and everything should be back on at 17:00 CEST. If you have any remark or question, feel free to contact the User Support
JMMC Hotnews - Be informed of JMMC Announcements, Software news and releases.
September 11, 2017
- Added a new command line tool to compute interferometric observables
from an OIFITS file and a user model image (FITS) (noise modelling disabled).
Launch the command: java -jar aspro2-xxx.jar -process -input INPUT_OIFITS_FILE -image IMAGE_FITS_FILE -output OUTPUT_OIFITS_FILE
- Updated to OITools 2 (OIFITS 2 support) but ASPRO2 writes only OIFITS 1 files
- Added the preliminary support for the A2p2 tool (Aspro to ESO p2):
new actions 'Export to an Observing Block (XML)' and 'Send Obs. block(s) to A2p2' (SAMP)
- Set V2 values to theoretical V2 when the checkbox 'Add error noise to data' is disabled
- Updated GRAVITY OB template (ESO P99)
- Improved SearchCal integration: corrected the max baseline parameter and retrieve [BRLM] magnitudes + object types
- Bug fixes:
- Improved V2 bias estimation from noise parameters
- Fixed the incorrectly displayed wavelength in the Target Model Editor for FITS cubes
September 07, 2017
- Bug fixes:
- Avoid a NullPointerException
August 04, 2017
- General application registry update.
- Added ETC-42, OiDB, OImaging applications.
- Cassis, ETC-42, AMDA are now displayed on fresh installations.
- Bug fixes:
- Improve JAVAWS compatibility with non official jdk
- Do not show the feedback report but display the message pane
if a timeout occured while performing JNLP/SAMP auto-test.
June 30, 2017
- Updated documentation and release notes
- Added support for J and H bands in faint mode.
- Display computed Icous magnitude instead of I (johnson) in GUI.
- Added an 'Open Recent' menu.
- Improved JTable look and feel (auto size columns, number formatter and right alignment).
- Enabled GZip compression by default when saving a calibrator list (scvot.gz).
- Increased the minimum required java version from 1.5 to 1.6 (aka java 6)
- Enhanced cross-match algorithm to use proper motions (ASCC, HIP2 or USNO) when querying and matching other catalogs (2MASS, Denis, AKARI).
- Added query to HIP2 'Hipparcos, the New Reduction (van Leeuwen, 2007)' to get more accurate star properties (Ra/Dec, proper motion, parallax).
- Added duplicated stars filter on the ASCC catalog (distance less than 10 arcsec) in bright scenario.
- Modified Bright K scenario to use a larger constraint on V band (Kmaxi + 4 to get more giant stars).
- Modified rule to determine the mean diameter OK (now require 3 diameters, BVK in bright and JHK in faint).
- Compute all possible diameters in both bright and faint scenarii.
- Check the validity domain of each color index before computing its corresponding angular diameter.
- Check 2MASS quality flag (Qflg) to discard invalid J, H or K magnitudes ('U' or 'X' cases only; 'A' to 'E' are still considered valid).
- Fixed 2MASS query in bright scenario to get also USNO optical sources (opt=[TU]) as done in faint scenario.
- Added HIP2 catalog into legend.
- Update the progress bar while loading a large calibrator list (JSDC catalog).
- Enhanced performance of the HTML and CSV exports.
- Optimized filter processing.
- Enhanced performance when using the Delete action.
- Improved global performance when handling large dataset (JSDC catalog).
- Bug fixes:
- Check compatibility of square visibilities with/without interstellar absportion in faint scenario (i.e. reject stars when vis2 are incompatible : DIAM_FLAG = NOK).
- Fixed interstellar absorption (AV) correction on K and V magnitudes in faint scenario.
- Fixed cross-matches near celestian poles in the distance filter.
- Fixed data change detection for user confirmation before loosing changes.
- Fixed missing Hot News/Release Notes/FAQ links in Help menu.
- Developer notes:
- New VOTable format: confidences have integer types, flags move to boolean type (plxFlag, diamFlag, deletedFlag)
- New diam_count column to count number of consistent computed diameters
- Modified Bright K and Faint K scenarii to use only one primary request (ASCC and 2MASS respectively) and other catalogs as secondary requests (proper motion handling).
- Always compute galactic coordinates (i.e. do not retrieve them anymore from catalogs 2MASS or HIPPARCOS).
- Improved performance on JTable cell renderer.
- Use a JPEG icon instead of the PNG to work around a known bug on Mac OS X / Java7.
- Optimized filter processing (use add instead of remove).
- Added VOTable PARAM to embed server and GUI version numbers.
- Fixed TABLE nrows attribute when saving a calibrator list.
- Upgraded SAVOT VOTable library (4.0) with improved overall performance and GZip compression support.
December 09, 2017 12:45 AM
All times are UTC.